Invisalign is an innovative teeth straightening treatment, which uses a set of clear removable retainers to straighten your smile. Eating, brushing and important occasions are no longer an issue with the option to remove the aligners when needed. Invisalign is a convenient alternative to traditional braces and very popular amongst adults who opted out of braces at a young age.
Why Should You Choose Invisalign?
There are many benefits to Invisalign treatment but what really makes it stand out from other orthodontic treatments are:
- Removable Aligners – Invisalign offers the luxury of being removable should the need arise. The treatment is aimed at adults and as such there are social or professional occasions that you might not want to show that you are undergoing any kind of dental treatment. However, for the best results it is advised that the aligners are worn 20-22 hours per day for the best results.
- Invisible – The clear retainers allow you to undergo your smile transformation incognito. Compared to the tradition metal braces these transparent aligners won’t attract any attention.
- Better oral Hygiene – A common problem with traditional metal braces was the issue of trapped food particles and in turn poor oral hygiene. With Invisalign you can remove the aligners when you eat so you can maintain better oral hygiene and for brushing and flossing throughout the day.
Who Can Have Invisalign?
The best way to find out if you are eligible for Invisalign treatment is to go for a free consultation with one of our dental experts.
Here are some common problems Invisalign can help:
- Gapped Teeth – Gaps in your teeth can occur when there is an abnormal groth of the jawbone or when a neighbouring tooth or teeth is missing which can cause the remaining teeth to shift.
- Underbite – The lower jaw may protrude when there is insufficient growth in the upper jaw. An underbite reduces the efficiency and function for your front teeth and can cause jaw pain.
- Overbite – This is when the upper jaw protrudes ahead of the lower jaw. An overbite can often give rise to gum problems and joint problems if left untreated.
If you are interested in tooth straightening with Invisalign in Watford, we will initially see you for a consultation, where your dentist will confirm whether this treatment is suitable for you. Your dentist will take impressions and photographs of your teeth so that your aligners can be made to fit your mouth perfectly.
Once your aligners are ready we’ll see you again to check they fit properly. You should wear them for 20-22 hours per day. Each aligner is worn for 2 weeks, before moving on to the next one. We will want to see you at the practice every 6-8 weeks to check how your treatment is progressing.